We are delighted to publish our first set of Poem Cards featuring poems by members of The Poetry Collective. The cards are available for free at various locations around Clare including the following two in Ennis town:
- Clare Museum
- The Record Break
The cards will also be distributed to interested persons on the street, in pubs, shops, schools, banks and other diverse locations by members, and supporters, of The Poetry Collective.
The first set features the following poets and poems:
- Karen J. McDonnell‘s ‘Upstream, the Bliss of Heaven‘ (winner of the 2014 WOW Poetry Award)
- Brian Mooney‘s ‘Badgers‘ from his 1990 collection “Between the Tides” (Collar of Gold Press)
- Knute Skinner‘s ‘The End of the Road‘ from his 2013 collection “Concerned Attentions” (Salmon Poetry)
- Mike Douse‘s ‘Buried Truths‘ from his 2011 collection “Old Ground” (Bakehouse Publications)
- Frank Golden‘s ‘One Day‘ from his 2017 collection “gotta get a message to you” (Salmon Poetry)
- Patrick Stack‘s ‘Grandma‘ from his 2017 collection “rage” (Revival Press)
The second set of Poem Cards will appear in the next few months and will feature another six of our poets and their poems.